Valley Preschool, also known as the little blue school house, has been providing Stillwater families with preschool programming for over 30 years. We are currently seeking part-time teachers for programs serving children ages 33months-5 years.
Hours: Variable shifts scheduled during our hours of operation (8:00 am-4:30 pm.). The school operates from September-May, with summer camps offered during the summer months.
Must meet qualification standards for MN licensing requirements as either a lead or assistant teacher.
1. Four-Year Degree in Early Childhood Education, Early Childhood Special Education or Elementary Education is preferred.
2. Previous teaching experience paid or unpaid with young children.
3. Ability to relate positively with young children.
4. Knowledge as a parent or in previous work experience of the social, emotional and creative needs of young children.
5. Must be able to lift up to 35 lbs. in connection with the handling of children for the facilitation of programs, child safety, and potential emergency situations.
1. Is responsible for the overall supervision and daily class functions of a class of children.
2. Assesses each child's developmental needs on an ongoing basis.
3. Plans with the Director and implements the approved lesson plans and daily classroom schedule using the curriculum outlines and materials.
4. Plans with the Director all required parent-teacher conferences and student evaluations.
5. Provides an attractive, well-kept classroom that encourages creativity, exploration and decision-making by the children.
6. Communicates daily with parents about their childs day.
7. Provides the children with verbal praises and acceptance while providing clear and consistent expectations for the children's behavior.
8. Accepts responsibility for maintenance and necessary housekeeping duties of the classroom, common use areas and playgrounds.
9. Assists and coordinates snacks, meals, nap time and bathroom activities.
10. Maintains a professional attitude and work behavior.
11. Assists in other capacities as determined by the Director.
12. Attends all required staff meetings, workshops and/or school functions as determined by the Director.
13. Observes all rules and regulations of the local, state or national regulatory agencies pertaining to the health, safety and care of children.
14. Maintains overall professional personal appearance adhering to the guidelines provided by the Director.
1. Must meet all local, state or national basic health requirements as well as other requirements.
2. Pediatric CPR and First Aid training, as required – paid for by school.
3. Abusive Head Trauma training, as required – paid for by school.
4. Must complete all necessary company employment and payroll forms.
Applicants will have a criminal investigation report completed. Employment is contingent on passing a background study.
Ongoing staff development
Employees are eligible for additional benefits after successful evaluation as early as 6 months in their employment
Please send all information to Director@valleypreschool.org or call 651-439-8850 if you have any questions.
Application materials include:
Copy of current license (if applicable)
Transcript(s) which includes name, degree and date degree was conferred
Letters of recommendation